Purpose of this retreat: Awura's workshop are curated to help women of colour connect with their mind, body and soul in order to promote self-love and healing.
Itinerary for the Day
- 2:30-2:45pm Networking (mingle)
- 2:45-3:00pm Opening sound bowl meditation lead by the 3 hosts
- 3:00pm-3:45pm Tickle your senses by Laurence Sessous. Let’s explore the therapeutic properties of essential oils and their role in promoting self-love. Learn how to mix them and use them in a mini 5-7 minute massage.
- 3:45-4:00pm Tea break (enjoy a complimentary tea blend)
- 4:00-4:45pm The Art Of Healing by Chef Wilize Maleombho. An introduction to self-healing and self-love through nutrition therapy, herbal medicine and behavior modification.
- 4:35-4:55 Tea break (enjoy our complimentary tea blends)
- 4:55-5:35 Putting My Truths On Paper by Jay Ann Lopez. Wondering how writing can be use as a healing tool? in this poetry workshop you will understand how writing can be use to unlock self-love
- 5:35-6:35 Mingle time! Let’s socialize reflect, enjoy each other’s company and explore the beauty of our vendors.
Meet Your Host
Tickle your senses by Laurence Sessou
Laurence graduated from the University of Westminster with a BSc in Natural Therapeutics in 2007. Laurence believes body work is more important than just a therapy, in her view, it is a way of life. She enjoys helping clients understand their bodies in a holistic way using different techniques of massage and aromatherapy. Laurence works privately in a chiropractic clinic in central London.
Social Media Handles:
he Art of Healing by Chef Wilize Maleombho
Chef Wilizé Maleombho is a multi-faceted woman whom received her BA in Behavioral Neuroscience with an orientation in both nutrition and pre-Medicine at Northeastern University (Boston, MA). In addition she has established a strong background in the culinary arts after having worked as a cook then a chef in various restaurant.
Wilizé utilizes her strong background in both the sciences and the culinary arts to lead her wellness workshop. She hopes to help people all over the globe obtain a better sense of health both mentally and physically.
Social Media Handles
Facebook: @Chefwilize Ma
Putting My Truths On Paper by Jay Ann Lopez
Jay-Ann Lopez is co-author of KINK, co-founder of popular empowerment platform Curlture and Founder of Black Girl Gamers. She started writing poetry from the age of 9 and currently working on her second book following co-authoring KINK with her fellow co-founder of Curlture. Given the nature of the platforms Jay-Ann curates; self awareness, self love and pride in her heritage are key themes throughout her work. Curlture has been established from 2014 and focuses on natural hair, black beauty, culture and empowerment. The platform is highly popular being featured on BET, Channel 4, BBC 1Xtra, Pride Magazine and more. Black Girl Gamers offers a safe online space for black women in gaming to unite and increase their visibility in the gaming industry.
Social Media Handles
business: @blackgirlsgamers @curltureuk